What is Facebook Insights?
This is a tool to help you understand your page's performance from measured data. It is accessible as an admin for the page as long as your page has at least 30 likes. This is updated regularly as Facebook updates the site to help give you more accurate information about your page.
There are some new features that have come to Facebook Insights. While there have been small changes before, the recent changes make a drastic difference. Here's what it now offers:
- Virility has been changed to engagement rate. This is significant because it focuses on the percentage of people who interact with your posts rather than just create a story from it.
- You will also be able to see your page's viral reach, which is how many people see your post due to their friend engaging in the post.
- People talking about this has changed as well. It is now widened to include people who like, comment or share your posts or page as well as checking in, tagging your page or writing on the page wall. You will be able to see many different statistics on the page from this section, such as unique people who have engaged with the page,
- You can now click and drag to choose the date range for your graph to compare dates and events.
- There is even a graphic that will allow you to see the number of people that saw your post by the hour.
- You will also be able to see negative information. This includes the number of posts that are hidden, reported as spam, unlikes and those who hid all posts.
How This Can Affect Your Social Media Marketing Techniques
In marketing, the more data you have, the better and this is no different. The main idea here is that you will be able to get a more in depth understanding of what is reaching your audience and what they are responding to. For instance, you may find that the best time to get a post noticed is between 7 and 8 in the evening. This will help you to know that if you have an important sale or announcement, that this is the time you want to focus on.
You can even use the negative information to help you get a better understanding of what people are looking for. You can look at the posts that are usually hidden by fans to get an understanding of what people like and do not like. This will also allow you the opportunity to test out the text and pictures you use to see if it was one or the other that caused the issue.
Facebook Insights for Marketing
One of the best things about Page Insights on Facebook is that it really helps you to understand what your audience is looking for. You can see what they like, what they don't and how they respond to your posts. This can help you when it comes to marketing outside of the page. For instance, if you have a marketing campaign you want to run, you can do a trial run on Facebook and get an understanding of how it will be received before you spend your marketing dollars only to find out it failed.
With this, you will find that it can be a great way to tweak your marketing. You may find that a picture you post gets negative feedback, but with simple tweaks, such as changing the wording on the picture, you are able to get a much better response. The opportunities that this page give are endless. You will find that you can get all the information you need to not only make your page stronger and reach a larger audience, but also your overall marketing techniques can be made stronger with the new insights.
Content Source: ITI Marketing
Image Source: Flickr - Users: Spencer E Holtaway and Chris Messina; gccie.com